Oh today was a wonderful day! It was the first day Aspire really started asking questions and checking in, lots of obvious lip licking, and none of that sleepy-eyed/introverted behavior. I brought in two barrels to use for various games and she was instantly curious and wanted to lick, bite, chew, and push on them. I was really pleased to see this curiosity from her. We also did driving from Zone 3 and played the 'sniff this, sniff that' game. She picked right up on it and was even in tune enough for me that I could send her just by pointing a finger out in the direction I wanted her to go and off she went. She does get her responsibility is to keep going on a circle, but it was great that she wanted to check in with me often, disengaged, looked at me with ears up, and would politely go back out after I resent her. I am just so pleased with how quickly she's learning everything and how sensitive she is.
I was standing on the fence talking to someone and when I was done jumped backward off the fence instead of just stepping down. Spy was right behind me, which I didn't know, and I bounced right onto her back/ribs and got tangled in her lead which had been draped over her back. I know, savvy of me right? Well, I instantly thought she'd go RBE like she has been when those types of things take her by surprise, but she didn't. She just stepped away and looked at me with an "excuse me!" look on her face. I was very pleased by this.
What else - oh we got all four feet on the tarp today - not at the same time - but who cares. She was more interested in chewing the tarp up than she was avoiding it today. :)
I don't have too much more to say except I am just so pleased! I had to force myself to stop while we were on a good note and not get greedy... but I can't wait to play with her tomorrow and see what else we can do. She's also letting me pick up, hold, and tap her front feet now. Hinds she'll pick up quick and put them down again. Zone 4/5 are her most un-confident areas so we're working on them.
How awesome!
ReplyDelete